- 1 How many species of fish do we have?
- 2 How many species of fish are in the Indian Ocean?
- 3 Which fish is only found in India?
- 4 Can a fish feel pain?
- 5 Which fish has the shortest lifespan?
- 6 What is the largest animal in the Indian Ocean?
- 7 What are the most common fish in the Indian Ocean?
- 8 What is milkfish called in India?
- 9 Which is the most expensive fish in India?
- 10 Which is the costly fish in India?
- 11 Which is the tastiest fish in India?
- 12 Can a fish survive in milk?
- 13 Can fish recognize you?
- 14 Do vegetables feel pain?
How many species of fish do we have?
The total number of living fish species— about 32,000 — is greater than the total of all other vertebrate species (amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammals) combined.
How many species of fish are in the Indian Ocean?
There are more than 3,000 known species!
Which fish is only found in India?
The catla along with roho labeo and mrigal carp are the most important aquacultured freshwater fish in India. Mrigal carp is another popular food fish and an important aquaculture freshwater species, only surviving wild population in the Cauvery river.
Can a fish feel pain?
“ Fish do feel pain. It’s likely different from what humans feel, but it is still a kind of pain.” At the anatomical level, fish have neurons known as nociceptors, which detect potential harm, such as high temperatures, intense pressure, and caustic chemicals.
Which fish has the shortest lifespan?
The Sign Eviota, Eviota sigillata, a tiny coral reef fish, completes its entire life cycle within an eight week period. This species has the shortest lifespan of any vertebrate.
What is the largest animal in the Indian Ocean?
A 150ft siphonophore – the longest animal ever recorded – has been discovered during a scientific expedition exploring submarine canyons in the Indian Ocean off Western Australia.
What are the most common fish in the Indian Ocean?
Top 12 Most Popular Sea Fish Found in India
- Surmai/Seer Fish.
- Bangda/Indian Mackerel.
- Tarali/Indian Oil Sardine.
- Mangrove Red Snapper.
- Bombay Duck.
- Tuna Fish.
- Pangas Catfish. Pangas Catfish is a shark catfish native brackish waters of India, mostly found in in large lagoons, backwaters rivers and estuaries.
What is milkfish called in India?
“We have achieved a major breakthrough in artificial breeding and seed production of Milk Fish (Chanos Chanos), locally known as Paal Kendai or Poo Meen, in captivity, for the first time in the country,” says the director of CIBA K K Vijayan.
Which is the most expensive fish in India?
Ghol is touted to be the most expensive fish in India currently. Native to the Indian Ocean and the Pacific Ocean, it has netted a record-breaking price at fish auctions around the coasts of Gujarat and Maharashtra.
Which is the costly fish in India?
The Protonibea diacanthus or the black-spotted croaker, locally known as Ghol, is touted to be the most expensive fish in India currently. Native to the Indian Ocean and Pacific Ocean, it has netted a record-breaking price at fish auctions around the coasts of Gujarat and Maharashtra.
Which is the tastiest fish in India?
TOP FISHES TO EAT IN INDIA
- Rawas (Indian Salmon) Rawas is one of the most loved and popular edible fish.
- Katla (Indian Carp or Bengal Carp)
- Rohu (Rohu or Carpo Fish)
- Bangda (Indian Mackerel)
- Rani (Pink Pearch)
- Surmai (King Fish/Seer Fish)
Can a fish survive in milk?
Fish have evolved over many millions of years to survive in water with a certain amount of dissolved oxygen, acidity, and other trace molecules. So, though skim milk is nine-tenths water, it still would be entirely insufficient to support a fish for long.
Can fish recognize you?
Yes, fish recognize their owners. Fish have the ability to see you and remember you. Although a fish has a very small and simple brain structure, and it seems impossible, but they do! They can identify and remember patterns, and on this basis, we can say that fishes are smarter than we think.
Do vegetables feel pain?
Do plants feel pain? Short answer: no. Plants have no brain or central nervous system, which means they can’t feel anything.