- 1 How do you make a Mary Berry fish pie?
- 2 How do you make Hairy Bikers fish pie?
- 3 What do you serve with fish pie?
- 4 How does Gordon Ramsay make fish pie?
- 5 Do you poach fish in milk or water?
- 6 Why does my fish pie go watery?
- 7 Can you reheat fish pie with prawns in?
- 8 Can you reheat fish pie?
- 9 What vegetables go well with fish pie?
- 10 What are the best vegetables to serve with fish?
- 11 How long does fish pie last?
- 12 Does Aldi sell fish pie mix?
- 13 Can you freeze fish pie?
How do you make a Mary Berry fish pie?
- 75g/3oz butter, plus extra for greasing.
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped.
- 50g/2oz plain flour.
- 570ml/1 pint milk.
- salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2 tbsp lemon juice.
- 350g/12oz fresh haddock, cut into 1cm/½in pieces.
- 350g /12oz smoked undyed haddock, cut into 1cm/½in pieces.
How do you make Hairy Bikers fish pie?
- 400ml/14fl oz whole milk.
- 1 small onion, thickly sliced.
- 2 bay leaves.
- 500g/1lb 2oz thick white fish fillets, preferably cod, haddock or pollock, skinned.
- 40g/1½oz butter.
- 40g/1½oz plain flour.
- 150g/5½oz frozen peas.
- 200g/7oz large raw prawns, peeled.
What do you serve with fish pie?
Serve fish pie with…
- Just Salads. fennel salad. wilted gem lettuce.
- Something with Veggies. broccoli. corn. peas. carrots. sautéed spinach. sautéed cabbage. watercress. pancetta fried Brussels sprouts. bacon wrapped asparagus. sautéed haricort verts & pancetta. minted peas. glazed carrots.
- Something Fried. french fries/chips.
How does Gordon Ramsay make fish pie?
- 2 large shallots or 1 onion, peeled and chopped.
- 2 tbsp olive oil.
- 40g butter.
- 1 large thyme sprig, leaves only.
- 4 tbsp Noilly Prat or dry vermouth.
- 2 tsp Pernod (optional)
- 4 tbsp plain flour.
- 250ml fish, chicken or vegetable stock (a stock cube is fine)
Do you poach fish in milk or water?
If you’re growing tired of your tried and true method for cooking fish, try poaching it in milk. Poaching is an easy way to quickly cook even the most delicate fish. Poaching the fish in milk adds a rich flavor and creates a creamy poaching liquid that you can spoon over the cooked fish.
Why does my fish pie go watery?
For the fish pie if you are using raw fish and then pouring the sauce over before baking it could be that the fish is letting out some liquid as it cooks in the oven, which would also either thin the sauce or give it the appearnace of curdling. This may particulalry happen if the fish has been frozen and thawed.
Can you reheat fish pie with prawns in?
But if handled properly during storage and preparation prawns are safe to reheat. Make sure you put leftovers in the fridge within two hours of cooking and reheat and eat within three days after the first time they were prepared.
Can you reheat fish pie?
Once you’re ready to reheat your fish pie, you can do so either in the oven or the microwave. The best part is that you don’t even have to defrost frozen fish pie before reheating! To reheat a pre-cooked fish pie that has been thawed, bake at 350 degrees F for about 40 minutes, until it is entirely warmed through.
What vegetables go well with fish pie?
Certain vegetables (peas, spinach, shredded savoy cabbage, julienne or diced carrots, watercress*) lend themselves to partnering fish pie, both in terms of their sweetness or mineral flavours, and their shape. Others, such as broccoli, asparagus or cauliflower florets, obviously do not.
What are the best vegetables to serve with fish?
Peas are one of the main vegetables that go well with fish – also add a splash of color on the plate. Dark green buttered cabbage, spinach, broccoli, tender stem broccoli, beans, asparagus add something more vibrant to the visuals on your plate.
How long does fish pie last?
If you’ve got leftover fish pie or you’ve been super organised and have made it ahead of when you’d like to serve it, you can store your cooked fish pie (once cooled) in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Does Aldi sell fish pie mix?
The Fishmonger Fish Pie Mix 300g | ALDI.
Can you freeze fish pie?
Wrap the dish of a whole pie tightly in a double layer of clingfilm (plastic wrap) and a layer of foil and freeze for up to 3 months. Put portions of leftover pie in resealable containers and freeze for up to one month. Thaw the pie or leftovers overnight in the fridge.